RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quad Pilot Stands Up To Police
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 07:03 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

The gent with the camera may be advised to check into the federal wiretapping statutes , with specific regard to recording someone's conversation without their consent .

While ol init4fun is of the belief that a public setting is just that , public , and that anything said or done should be fair game for both audio and video recording , it would appear that the law specifically prohibits the clandestine audio recording of any conversation even in a public setting ! I would have not believed so myself had my research not turned up dozens of cases of folks being prosecuted for specifically this , secretly recording cops behaving badly . In one such case in my home state , not only was the guy doing the recording charged and found guilty of the wiretapping , but the officers he recorded misbehaving were fired also ! It would truly appear that video recording in public IS 100% protected , but not the audio of folk's conversations recorded in public places without their consent .... How messed up is THAT ? ....

Last edited by init4fun; 06-26-2014 at 07:07 AM.