RCU Forums - View Single Post - What car should I get?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 06:28 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ended up with a new Abarth, and I'm glad I went that route. I had a 78 vette I restored and had to get rid of, so I really wanted one again, but #1 the chevy dealers (all 4) where the biggest kiss asses, phony, old-school haggling, and #2 because I have never financed anything, they wanted a FIXED loan with, get this, 15-25% interest!!! I have GOOD credit and I am a recent graduate so that is a crock of crap.

Buying new is always easier to get approved.

As far as the car, what a friggin' hoot! I was sold the minute I fired it up, Bruuuuum! ber ber ber ber! followed by the turbo's sweet song. Clutch is a little wonky, feels like stepping on a pillow. The car pulls like a freight train, I can't help but laugh when I goose it and it throws you in your seat as the turbo gauge reads 20PSI. Every once in a while the exhaust will let out a pop or crack when you change gears at high RPM, gives it a racy sound all thanks to the fact that it doesn't have mufflers stock.

Handling rivals that of my Miata possibly with more mechanical grip, but it doesn't have the feedback that the miata is known for.

What can I say? I like "cute" small cars, I don't have to buy a big American or German car to feel manly. Oh, and they don't even make one with a slush box (yet) how manly is that?