RCU Forums - View Single Post - Correx/Coroplast in the UK
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 04:26 PM
IainG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Correx/Coroplast in the UK

Thanks for the invitation, I live in Ayr and fly mostly with the Girvan club at Maybole.
I presently have a Ciggy Pack, SPA3D (2 Aileron servos) and a Spadstick under construction.
With regard to your other post I tried elevator/flap mixing on the SPA3D but now have it disabled, used full size servos mounted on the wing in the middle of the ailerons with horns the full width of the ailerons. You may (almost certainly will) have difficulty locating the correct size of aluminium channel for the fuse, I just used 15mmx15mmx1.5mm channel from B&Q (keeps the weight down a bit as well) and mounted the rudder and elevator servos on a cutting board mount, with an SC40 the weight with empty tank was 4lb 1/2oz.
Sean Reid from the Hamilton club used to do ARTF Spads under the name of Plastic Aeroplane Company, but his web site has been down for some time now so I think he may have given it up.
If you could manage to dig out the number of your supplier I would be much obliged as I have been going to Manchester for my Correx, but they only have tranlucent or black which gets a bit boring and they are not the best colours for visibility.

Thanks
Iain.