RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2a Models in Magazines
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 08:20 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that brings back memories. I picked up the Pilot Models version of the Pitts. over 15 tears ago. I wasn't happy with the non scale ailerons so I pretty much redid the plans and built it from scratch. I also replaced the plastic cowl and wheel pants with custom made, fiberglass units.

Originally, it flew with a stock, OS Max .10 and it was OK but not really as powerful in the air as was the full size.

So,,, some 7 years ago, I upgraded the OS .10 from a ferrous engine to ABC using a .15 piston and liner from, as I recall, a Hornet .15 Which made it a short stroke, .13, or so.

On an APC 7 X 3 and 25% fuel, at 21K, it ought to bring that little Pitts to a whole new level. Well, that brings back memories. I picked up the Pilot Models version of the Pitts. over 15 tears ago. I wasn't happy with the non scale ailerons so I pretty much redid the plans and built it from scratch. I also replaced the plastic cowl and wheel pants with custom made, fiberglass units.

Originally, it flew with a stock, OS Max .10 and it was OK but not really as powerful in the air as was the full size.

So,,, some 7 years ago, I upgraded the OS .10 from a ferrous engine to ABC using a .15 piston and liner from, as I recall, a Hornet .15 Which made it a short stroke, .13, or so.

On an APC 7 X 3 and 25% fuel, at 21K, it ought to bring that little Pitts to a whole new level. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xseov35rRQM

Just need to find a smooth runway for it, it cartwheels on grass.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kac-1 007.jpg
Views:	2993
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	2017906