RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARFS + Diluted Interest in this Hobby.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 04:25 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
The predominance of ARFs have diluted my interest in this hobby.
Thankfully the ARF and RTF movement is several years away from causing waning interest in restoring antique and classic cars and motorcycles.
Where is the sense of pride and accomplishment when you ONLY glue 2 wing halves together..?
LOL.
WOW ! Starting to hear more and more about this subject and can not disagree. I myself started building balsa model planes at the age of 8 years old and now going on 72 years old. When I started building RC models, I either gave them away or sold them as I was not that interested in flying them. But later on I decided that if I was going to build them, I might as well learn how to fly them, thus I did. Then the " ARF's " came along and getting into the air became much quicker and easier. BUT !! After many years of " ASSEMBLING " ARF's, I am ready to get back into the hobby that I loved best and that is " building " model airplanes.

Yes, I will most likely always have an ARF in my hangar and be flying them. But, now I also have a BALSA USA Eindecker " KIT " waiting to be put on the " building " table as this coming winters project.

The world is changing and people say that you can never go back. Guess, I will prove them wrong !