RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:11 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I disagree, FPV has been a part of this hobby way before 2001, though in very small numbers till recently. Nobody had an issue with it till the FAA did, now you want the FAA to through out your fellow hobbiest's? It is gaining popularity around here. Now just about every model with a video camera has FPV. I have visited some clubs where electric is not very popular and of course FPV is almost nonexistant, and others where about 10% are flying FPV some of the time.

So its kind of like not complaining about the rough treatment of Jews, because you didn't want harm to come to you. But eventually everbody lost their freedom.
I agree. Also I will add the best thing for everyone is to get the FPV guys into flying at a RC sites as much as possible. The more you bring into
the fold so to speak the easier it will be to deal with rouge guys IMO. Also I think the FAA needs to right away develop rules for flyers that
don't fly at RC sites because just saying you can't do something most of the time makes things worse before it gets better if it ever does.