RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:25 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bradpaul View Post
What an easy argument to discredit........................... We all know about "warbirds" right?????? Models of fixed wing or rotor wing aircraft flown by the military. And guess what THE LARGEST USER OF DRONES EITHER FIXED WING OR ROTOR WING IS, wait for it,............... THE U.S. MILITARY. And they do fly multi rotors. So yes they ARE MODELS and unlike the Four Star, Goldberg Tiger and Falcon are usually in the same scale as the military aircraft. On top of that they are flown in the same way as the military drone, via FPV.

Thanks for bringing this up and allowing the fact that they are more of a "model" then out traditional "warbird" models we usually fly.

And once again FPV is a method of flying a aircraft (scale or model) and not a type of aircraft.
Sigh.
bradpaul, re-read my post you quoted carefully, especially the last part where I make it clear to anyone with a bit of imagination that all those types of "models" many of us fly are not
scale renditions of anything, and you should be able to see that I actually am agreeing with your point of view.