RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 09:49 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mnemennth
While I won't comment on the senseless destruction of the atmosphere discussed here; any compressed gas BB gun of this sort can most certainly very easily be converted to CO2 used for Airsoft. It's like... made for it.

As for the R12... I've learned the hard way the joys of "retrofitting" to R134A; I say keep it and fix your older vehicle's AC properly, recover what R12 you can from the system, make double-damned sure you have no leaks and recharge with your very precious stock of R12.

Either that, or look into some of the classic car forums and sell it there for those who want to make show quality restorations; probably get enough to fund a whole new plane. Or a proper refit (with a proper aftermarket R134A evaporator and condenser) so your R134A-equipped car gets nice and cold, just like it did with R12.

mnem
Tsssssssssssssssssssssss...

Originally Posted by acdii
R-12 is going back a LONG way. Our oldest car is a 1995 and its R134a. If R12 is so expensive, what is it called Fre-on. OK I know very bad joke. My Cub made me do it.
lol, yeah R12 was a very efficient / effective refrigerant... R134a is, and has always been sub pare in comparison; although there are some replacement R134a refrigerants, which are an improved formulation of R134a with a 50% improved efficiency (so they claim)... then there's your R12 replacements, like Freeze12 which is no longer produced (got a few cans of that laying around as well)... enviro-safe 12a is another replacement for R12, but they are just a band-aid... as mnem states, doing a proper "clean" conversion to 134a is the way to go, but it's not cheap; compressor, dryer, hoses, expansion valve / orifice where applicable, evaporator / condenser where applicable, flush kit... and all has to be done correctly or it will be a money pit to try and maintain.... all I want is cold air, lol

John M,

Last edited by John_M_; 08-05-2014 at 09:39 AM.