RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,
see below.

Jet:
No idea who he was though somebody said Lee. Yes it was a smallish grey jobbie. It was exceptionally fast and he had no regard for any other models trying to fly a circuit. As soon as I heard him start up I landed as did another aircraft. He was flying through models flying in circuit. Damn dangerous.

P51:
I hear you however the model is set up with the ST2500 and I can’t afford another donk. The motor is fine, just needs to have the regular maintenace and checks done. As I have been so unstable in my personal life it gets neglected then I decide to trot it out and things go wrong. I had replumbed it a few weeks ago after a fuel line split (old fuel tube) and I hooked the lines back to front to the cline regulator. I should have done a ground run first which would have picked it up. I had trouble starting it on the day and the tank would not pressurise, when I finally got it running I had trouble tuning it. I should have relaised what was wrong and left it on the ground but insisted on trying to fly and crashed. My fault not the engine.
As for that wheel I remember that, too funny especially you blokes running after it. Again not the engines fault.

So again because I have been out of touch with my models I am overlook basic things that a few years ago would not have been overlooked. I am now out at the field most Sundays and in the shed a lot so getting back on top of all of this again.

Vampire:

Features:
• High voltage 100A ESC included
• 12 Blade Dr. Mad Thrust Alloy 90mm EDF Unit with 1550Kv motor pre-installed
• Flying Weight: 3600g
Motor: B4074 1550kv Brushless Motor
ESC: High Voltage 100A Opto with 5A UBEC

All new to me this side. I bought 6S, 5000mA, 40C packs. The model is very light so should be able to hit projected AUP. If I can do something with inlet ducts it can only help the equation.
Havent done a thing on it yet. I have to purchase some EC5 connectors still, I’m not using the supplied ones as they have exposed copper and too dangerous. Till then the lipos are safely stored in a 7.62mm sealed steel ammo box outside the shed and well away from the edge of it. I’m a bit paranoid about them.

I’d be happy for a flight of 5 to 6 mins. That was about all I was planning for it. Is there a thread on these in Germany? Got a link to it?
I’m normally home by 4 to 4.30 but till I get the EC5 connectors and sort out something for the inlet ducts I won’t be doing much.

cheers
Peter