RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 scale TopFlite Corsair Mods
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 08:19 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 scale TopFlite Corsair Mods

I will be elaborating on the gear door installation in a week or two. This past 30 days has been pretty hectic for me: 3 out of town trips (one week of work related training in Columbus, OH, one week of vacation in Chattanooga, TN, and now the passing of my GrandMother, who will be buried in the Chicagio area later this week).
I will also address engine cooling and fuselage mods to improve cooling AND scale looks.
Thanks to those of you who are interested enough to keep this thread going, and for those who have contributed pics of your projects (Thanks, Pete).
On the exhaust: I was building my 'red box' version to have scale, functional exhausts. But like RocketMan, I am having difficulty squeeezing all those pipes thru the compartment normally occupied by battery pack, and may end up going with the non functional ones.
Also, I have purchased a Jack Devine Models 1/7 scale Corsair kit (72" span), and plan to build it very soon, and will start a new thread which will concern this project. My intention is to scale this 'sport plane' out: as a 'bird cage' canopied F4U-1 (will have to make my own canopy).