RCU Forums - View Single Post - New kit help and advice (n00b)
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 02:24 AM
jedi.mind.trick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New kit help and advice (n00b)

Hi everyone!
Need some help with purchasing my first kit..
[history - unnecessary to read ]

my first RC was a RTR HPI RS4 evo3 (1/10 onroad) and my second was a GV XT2 RTR (1/8 off road) since I bought the off road I had gone away from the hobby and now I have recently rejoined and want to get something new and more capable, I was tossing up between a 1/8 truggy or a hpi baja but i think I will go with the truggy for now and I might get a baja further down the road.

I have pretty much made a decision on the Losi 8ight-T 3.0, I know it's pricey for a non serious racer but I'd want something that was capable if I did end up on the track.
I was originally looking at the HB D8T for both the price and good reviews but there's something about the body that turns me off(the front end)..even the aftermarket ones don't add much to the aesthetics of this truggy, which is a shame..

I have an Airtronics MT-4S radio and have been looking at Savox servos (still haven't made a definitive decision on which though) 1258TG,1256TG,1231SG etc...1233SG looks the business, but being a tall servo would it be suitable for the 8T?

I haven't even started on the engine.

So i guess I'm looking for a little guidance, opinions, options, tips etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..seems all so overwhelming especially when you're someone who tends to read too much into everything..

Also, is there anything I need when building kits that wont come with it? like any tools(apart from the obvious hex drivers), greases, oils etc?

Thanks a lot

p.s my apologies if i posted in the wrong place.