RCU Forums - View Single Post - oil mix for gas engine
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 04:32 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Gene, I had considered that last year and drove over to the world famous Reid Hillview airport. Found out pretty fast that they would no longer pump into a can, they would only pump fuel directly into an aircraft.

Even if they were able to sell it to me I am averaging 2 to 3 gallons per trip to the field with the new gasser. That would have me running across town each trip to the flying field. Not quite as convenient as stopping at the corner gas station. For other guys with airplanes that don't use 1/2 gallon per flight I'm sure that mixing up 5 gallons of av gas would hold them for a couple weeks.

this is going to be one time when I actually stand behind a brand of oil. The Sthil HP Ultra is supposed to have additives that help with the ethanol. So far it seems to work as advertised. I replaced the metering needle in the carb and that cured the leak. After a few needle tweaks the engine is running great. I will have to go back into the carb and adjust the fork height to get the midrange spot on but this engine had sat for 8 years.