RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 06:57 PM
bigbird3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Corsair2013;11866498]I thought Big Bird was giving me the recipe for either a new form of crack or a new "male enhancement" formula...............LOL

The dryer sheets confused me so I thought he meant roll em up and smoke em..........!!!

Anyway - I have the Solaretex - OH it is so easy to use compared to the "other brands". It goes around the corners and seals really nice.

Yeah right! Corsair, Like George Karlin said about a kilo of ground round, eat one, roll one, smoke one!
Solartex is really easy to use and will stay for a long time!
Acerc, raw fabric needs to be painted! One more step and not necessary with solartex.

Yall look in my gallery and look at the AMR cub I did in it. That is cub yellow solartex!
If you guys have any dark wood or marks that will show thru the covering, get some flesh or light tan colored acrylic paint from the art store or from Joanne's Fabrics and paint the area before covering. It will look like wood under the covering. Really! It will disappear! Especially on lazer cut wood. You should sand that burnt part off anyway because lazer cutting will crystalize the resin, what ever is left, and might inhibit the glue saturation leaving a poor glue joint. It only takes a little while to sand the parts and will help eliminate dark spots and glue problems. Craftsmanship is quality not quantity and the difference between you and the other guys.
I'm just sayin'!
bird.

Last edited by bigbird3; 08-23-2014 at 06:59 PM.