RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro engine bearing replacement question
Old 08-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Marciatelli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supertib
nYour

Yeah... your first post didn''t say anything other then bearings felt good but were leaking...no mention of rust or corrosion..........

Your first argument there was no mention of rust or damage...only thing you said is it was leaking and spitting fuel ( which is a 100% sign of being tooo rich )

only today do you finally say bearing was damaged and rusty and corroded............. If your first post said that information we wouldn't be having this conversation

Remember your the guy posting on the forums asking for help with your engine... I tried to help you as best I could with the information you posted.....

.And yes since your posting asking for help on a forum I am going to trust my instincts over yours... ..

Over the years your about the 10 000 th person to post here with a leaking bearing...99% of them caused from being too rich.. hundreds of bearings changed needlessly because the guys didn't know any better and the people offering advice to them here didn't know any better either.....So I was trying to save you the hassles.

And yes..I have seen this hundreds of times.... that is no exaggeration...

in the end your the one asking advice on a forum not me..I am just the guy trying to take a few minutes to help a rookie out with his engine.....
Thank you for quoting my reply to your post which later you edited...
I know you have a lot of experience when it comes to engines, your signature says it all.
I have also posted "Thank you very much for the info guys, it helped a lot! " which pretty much means thank you, the issue has been solved. After saying such thing, its not nessesary to comment further.
I am not perfect, I didnt include the info in the first post because I didnt really knew it myself. This lack of information has caused a confusion and for that I apologized already.
I know tlhat youre trying to help me, like you heped a loooooooot of other people (I can guess from your words and amounts of posts and activity).
I dont want to look like a dick, I am trying to be as competent as possible.

I will now explain what was wrong:
- The bearing was corroded and damaged, that lead to disformation on the metal surface of the bearing which did not allow formation of oil seal between crank and the bearing. This issue lead to leaking both side, progressively leaning out of the tuning (which I described in the first post) and leaking out fuel out of the crank case.
As I replaced the bearing, the problem went away.

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited by Marciatelli; 08-24-2014 at 06:31 AM.