RCU Forums - View Single Post - Germany and France to produce Europe's next "super tank"?
Old 09-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Elefant

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Tanque for the info.
Sorry to read pathetic replies that try to be humorous ? The anti-french thing about surrendering is becoming the sign of lack of originality and historical knowledge. Firstly because...well...I think we all understood France lost the battle against the German forces in 1940 due to the stupidity of a whole generation of military chiefs (think about "la drôle de guerre") and secondly because it is forgetting what the french army did before this terrible defeat (and it hurts me a lot to read Americans joking about that - not to just mock but to really harm a country - when you know what France did to you in the 18th century. Without your help in 1944 we would speak German but without ours, you'd sing God save the Queen and drink tea at 5PM).
I think a little more respect would be appropriate for the french people regarding our common history, respect I always have for your country and your people. I would never let a stupid french insult you on this board talking about Nam or Iraq without reacting and telling history is much more complicate than it appears.

Last edited by Elefant; 09-05-2014 at 11:00 PM.