RCU Forums - View Single Post - G&L 1/5 DHC chipmunk - diary of a build.
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyBuilder

Blue text inserted by Zor.

I know that the antennas are to be at 90 degrees of each other.

For readers . . . Antennas can be at 90 deg in the same plane.
The best is to be at 90 deg in two planes that are also at 90 deg.

I have always ignored that and just install the receiver in the fuselage. I have never had a problem and with Futaba I feel confident.

When flying aerobatics the model is usually well within a strong radiated field.
It has to be close enough to clearly see its attitude and response to controls.

I will do a series of range testing and so on. I did not have the room to have both antennas come all the way out and at 90 digress.

The two antennas are already all the way out. We can see the ends of the coaxial lines outside the fuselage. All that is needed is their relative orientation. Where they are coming out is fine.

Futaba for carbon fiber recommends just the tips of the antennas to be out side of the fuselage so we will see. The second receiver will have the antennas in the second pilots cockpit.

Not only the tips of the antennas have to be out; the whole antennas ( 1/4 wave length; a bit more than 1 ( one ) inch ) has to be out. They are all out in the pictures. The coaxial lines ( transmission lines ) can be inside since their shields are grounded.

TB
Tony,

I will gladly remove this post if you feel inappropriate.
I am just thinking about all the readers out there.
The antennas do not originate at the receiver case; they are at the ends of the coaxial transmission lines.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 09-06-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Fix noted typos.