RCU Forums - View Single Post - oil mix for gas engine
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 10:21 AM
bzyguy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Obviously you guys seem happy with what you are running. I just have a couple comments. BZY, being that you come from a moto background running 32:1 in the bikes, I assume that you know that less oil does not mean more power. In fact at 100:1 you can see a reduction in film between the ring an cylinder. This may very well be causing a reduction in compression and loss of power.
Speed...I agree with your post and yes I also agree that less oil does not mean better performance...I guess my thinking was running a great synthetic oil that allowed me to reduce the ratio of oil in my fuel to keep the smoke and oily mess to a minimum without sacrificing any lubricating values. I spoke with Amsoil direct and asked how it was possible to run the 100:1 ratio and not sacrifice the lubrication...Basically the answer was "chemistry" The oil was designed wether it be the viscosity, concentrate etc... to give the small engines the similar/same lubricating value as a petro at say 32:1... I'm a skeptic but in the past few years without going into detail, I have first hand witnessed what 9 oz's of a particular additive lubricant mixed in with 4 and 1/2 gallons of oil in my diesel can do...INCREDIBLE! You would not believe the change in my engine without witnessing it...That was just 9 oz's added!
Horizon got back with me twice now to confirm that the testing proved poor results at 100:1 ratio Amsoil...I wont argue that, Their the manufacture and I'm nobody to claim different. The Evo engines must be set up with tighter tolerences??? I just found it strange that Evolution singled out what I considered to be a fantastic oil and state not to use it. I want to run the same oil/gas in all my gassers so I guess I'll switch to redline and retune all the birds...Da recommends it as many others here. I'm not going to try and re invent the wheel, I'll just run with the next best thing . By the way... I give props to Horizon for the great customer service and returning my calls as promised! That's huge for me.