RCU Forums - View Single Post - "balsa USA citabria pro brotherhood"
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Daddyo57
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha, I actually have Zoidberg and professor Farnsworth in my BTE Flyin' King... I had Leela in a U-Can- Do 46 but sold it... I have "Kiff Kroker" in my U-Can-Do 60... I may just take Dr. Zoiberg out the the Flyin' King and just leave the Professor to fly it. I do have an Amy but she isn't big enough... I would LOVE to see your Waco! Such beautiful airplanes... I received my 18X6 prop today from Tower so I can do test runs on the Saito this weekend if I make time that is...16 oz will likely be just fine for the 1.50 unless you like really long flights. i got the wing tips shaped and hogged out most of the insides, I ended up using a series of deep cuts with an Xacto knife and then chipping chunks out with a Dental chisel I acquired. The Balsa on one of them was really soft and easy to shape, I worked a long time getting these shaped and sanded and I am still not done with the wing!!!! I am not really into weighing parts and since this is a sports flyer I wouldn't care much but like I said my buddy Rick really gets serious about lightening parts. I did spring for a set of aircraft instrument decals to spruce up the dashboard. I am getting anxious to begin the finishing job on the airplane now... I I still need to finish the wheel pants too, I just hope I can manage to do a good paintjob on the Cowl and wheel ants, the covering scheme is really pretty basic.