RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP Super Skybolt Crash Purchase
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 10:30 PM
deanz406
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi-- This plane with all the repairs came in at 7-1/2 lbs.Now, understand that I added a thicker firewall(3/16 ply), hardwood (Basswood) supports inside the front fuselage, a larger (16oz) fueltank, larger rubber tires, pilot, some extra support pieces. Doesn't seem like much, but those ounces add up quickly. When I started the repair, I weighed all of the parts(minus firewall, & some broken front formers), and the AUW without engine, battery, and servos on;y weighed 5.14 lbs.
You didn't mention whether urs is the GP ARF, or the kit built Sig version. I do have the Sig kit built one, and it is almost 10 lbs with everything installed. The OS 61FX is a real powerhouse, and will almost 3d. I had one of our 3d pilots wring it out, w/ a 12/ 6 XOAR prop, and he told me if I was to install and APC 12/10, or an APC 13/6-7, it would probably hover. I just did pick up those 2 props, and will let him fly it again to see the difference, and if it will 3D. Which .61 motor will u be using ?? Most of the time, I just cruise around the field at 1/4- 1/3 throttle, and it cruises nicely- NO bad habits, and lands beautifully with only a click or 2 of power. I'm not into the 3D type of flying, just general sport flying, and I would like to learn some basic pattern routines with a bipe. Of course, that's just me, so I know u will really enjoy this plane. Let us know how ur progressing, and how u will equip ur plane-- Dean