RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 PM
drottman300
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rslstft
Casey
The Corsair I built for a customer, I used the FG-84. I used 0.200" stand-offs to space it from the firewall. As the carb sits inside the engine box, I moved the fuel tank back where the rudder servo sits, relocationg the rudder servo underneath the tail wheel retract cylinder. Sounds worse than it was, really not that much work for a modeler that would be putting this plane together. I did order the Keleo exhaust ring, but didn't use it. The fit, shall we say. wasn't the best, and the ring would have required modifying the engine box extensively. I wasn't comfortable with that, thinking it might weaken it. I used the stock flex exhaust included with the engine routing them through the scale pipes on the right side of the plane that Hanger 9 includes as part of the dress up accessories. It was almost as if they planned the length of the flex tubes as they reached the dress-up exhaust tubes perfectly. The only holes in the entire cowl were 2 very small ones for the choke rod and carb adjustment screw. Engine is perfect for that plane in my opinion and will probably get better as the engine is worn in. 24oz tank, 8 minute flight, just a bit more that half the tank used!
how much weight did you have to put in the nose??