RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yellow Aircraft No Longer Selling Kits
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yellow Aircraft No Longer Selling Kits

I’m sad to announce that Yellow Aircraft is converting its operation to basically a ‘parts and support’ shop forthwith. The owner, Charles, is retiring, and has no plans to continue importing kits into the US. This has been a long time coming, and I’ve been pressing Charles for permission to talk about the real scoop in public for a long time. He’s been reluctant to make announcements, but since he’s been talking about some of these details with customers who then post about them online, I consider the matter open at this point.

Basically, Yellow Aircraft will no longer be importing kits into the U.S. After the on-hand stock is gone, the office will only take orders for replacement parts. I am not sure how long he will continue to offer parts, but for now he insists he will do that indefinitely. While Charles considers this ‘not closing our doors’, the practical effect for the end-user is that customers will no longer be able to order Yellow Aircraft kits except for by special order direct from Asia. This won’t be for every kit in our old lineup as some of them have been discontinued altogether. There are kits still on the shelf, but once these are gone, they are gone.

As most of you know, I’ve been proud to be the field rep for yellow for the last 15 years. During that time, I’ve not only been the online voice for the company, but have sold hundreds of items to guys the world over and built dozens of projects for people, too. I’m especially sad to see the line go away because I think Y/A has represented the best bang-for-buck in the industry and I’ve spent years promoting and flying the product. I’ll be pulling down my web site soon, but feel free to continue to call or email me for parts or if you’d like to grab a kit out of the remaining stock. As always, I offer better prices and better hours than direct We have a few warbirds and jets in stock and ready to ship.

Thanks for your business and for making the hobby just that much more fun for me over the years.