RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster F5 questions
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 04:41 AM
TED ANTON
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jeremy
I just finished my second one , the only mods I made were to box the rear stab assembly , add 1/4 inch spacer to the front retract and add two cross braces to the main formers to strengthen the main assembly
The main landing gear is positioned too far back , it requires a lot of elevator authority for rotation, the spacer increases the AOA and helps with smoother rotation
The best way I have found for a better take off is to apply full up elevator as you apply power , as soon as the nose rotates reduce the amount of elevator with enough practise the take offs are not as steep
This plane increases speed when the nose is pointed down very quickly very little drag. you have an older kit so care must be taken on applying too much elevator at high speed
The plane has very little surface area head on I found mine disappeared when it was pointed straight at at me it was only for a second but it seemed a lot longer
I started with the factory throws and cg I moved the cg back just a little it is very sensitive
Anyway good luck if you need pics I can take some for you

Ted