RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cause of crash?
Thread: Cause of crash?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 09:26 PM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At first I suspected reversed ailerons but in the slow-mo I could see full right aileron so they weren't reversed. I think the first two answers are correct. The plane just got yanked off too soon with too much elevator and stalled/tip stalled right back into the ground.

The fundamental piloting problem in this hobby is that we all learn to fly lightly loaded airplanes that tolerate really bad piloting. Then we think we're good pilots and reinforce bad habits. That's fine as long as we're flying planes that have high power loading and light wing loadings.

But when we start flying planes that must fly on the wing a lot of people get into trouble immediately because they never learned how to really fly an airplane.

There are people out there who believe a dead stick is a guaranteed totaled airplane. I know that any plane can be landed without damage in a dead stick if it has enough altitude.

Sorry about the plane though. I'm not trying to insult anyone with my comments. I just think everyone should take the time to learn to really fly an airplane on the wing.