RCU Forums - View Single Post - cheapbatterypacks.com quality sucks
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I know I am late to the party but I was looking for something on chargers and saw this thread and it caught my interest. Too bad.

Originally Posted by JohnFH
The pack is 0 volts, the damage was caused by an impact to the battery pack, crushing and cutting the wire over the contact. It was then wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped out. That is how I found it when I unwrapped it.

Yes the solder joints are poor quality and dirty as well, and on the other pack (I ordered 2 identical) the lead wire was run over a dirty sloppy solder joint and the heat shrinked on top of it.

The packs were returned, Mike promised a full refund, still waiting for that.

I ended up ordering replacement cells from a local company and made my own packs. Mike is an advertiser on another RC site, and I like to support companies that support the hobby when I can, in this case cheapbatterypacks.com is just a poorly run basement business.

And would it matter if Mike had properly set up the business with the proper licenses? Probably not, but I think his neighboors deserve to know there is a potentially very dangerous manufacturing facility being run in a residential home. If there is a fire(he sells LiPo too) how many toxic fumes will be released? And now you have a fire dept. responding to a "residential" fire when they should be preparing for something much different.

I'm all for home business and helping out the little guy, as long as that guy isn't endangering lives
It seems that the above colored statements are only true if you are a very happy camper and if you are not your own pervious posts strongly suggest you will go well out of your way to create or cause trouble for the vendor. I understand anger, but in MNSHO you went way over the top sir. Way over. Difficult to say you support any in a hobby business with that approach.

As far as the poor workmanship is concerned, if you NEVER did a half baked job that would be a valid reason to take all of your business elsewhere without even trying to get the problem corrected. However doing so before even giving the vendor the chance to correct the problem in a time frame not measured in nanoseconds does suggest things and seems a bit unreasonable.

No, I am far from perfect but understand that. You might consider climbing down here to Earth with the rest of us humans. Or not.