RCU Forums - View Single Post - Noise Questions
Thread: Noise Questions
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 11:24 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

[QUOTE=speedracerntrixie;11903384]Its always been that way, show up at the field with something different and somebody's going to poo poo it. The worst I ever had to deal with that mentality is when I started flying IMAC. If I had a dollar for every time I heard " You guys with your big airplanes" Then followed by the accusation that we are too loud, flying too high, flying to far out, getting in the way, etc. QUOTE]

I am having the same issue. Several years back, before all of the electrics, gas was the way to go. The louder and the more the prop ripped, the better!! I now have a CARF Super Extra 3.2 with a DA 170 running "stock" mufflers and props recommended by DA. It is no longer an acceptable noise level at the flying field. I also fly jets, and according to the "noise control"; jets are more quiet, due to the noise is more directional. Because prop noise is more 360 degrees, verses jets that are more directional, I am thinking of only flying jets. Love my 3.2M Extra though!! Again, I still blame this on electric becoming more the norm at the flying field.