RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 12:12 PM
chorner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by njmheli
Hi All.

I hope that all your builds are going well.............I'm way behind in finishing mine off !!! Interesting to read the posts about the engine choices...
I am using the Evo 7-77 on my build,I have now converted it to CDi ( using glow fuel ), with the conversion package as supplied by Adrian at CH ignitions.( I have now had the 7-77 for about 18 months and have religiously used the "after-run" method of corrosion protection as advised by reading "Maxims" posts on "Care of Evolution Radials etc" on RC Universe...a must to read if your into Evo Radials !!!

So far very pleased with the results,and there appears to be plenty of power ( ground runs so far !!) to swing the Biela 22" x 12 3BL,plus she starts easily after a good prime by hand.

I know that there are a few Corsairs out there now flying on the 7-77 with CH Ignitions conversion...this is the link for one of my test stand runs ( sorry for the poor quality )

www.youtube.com/watch?v=phvYr-kYAfo

Regards...............Nick UK.
Has the CH ignitions conversion really made a difference outside of being a little 'friendlier' to operate? I contacted Adrian, not 100% sure it's worth the $500 for the modification myself, versus just grabbing McDaniels onboard glow and tuning the engine correctly. I wonder what the fuel consumption is like... and how big is the stock tank? (don't know yet, mine comes Thurs!)