RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 11-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

P47 progress is plodding along as time permits. Most of the painting of wheel wells and the gear doors with zinc chromate yellow is completed, just a couple more coats on the outer doors to do when I get a couple more jars of the paint in.

The Testeors Model Master paint in this colour is quite glossy so will lay down a light coat of matted clear once I have done a bit of dirtying up during the weathering stage.

Due to our high humidity Will have to get some slow thinners as otherwise the acrylic will bloom as it dries almost on impact with the surface.

Still a few little jobs to sort out before I do the painting so will get into those over the next couple of weeks then do a final light wet sand with 600 to get it all prepped.

Will have to borrow my mates touch up gun as it is much better then my one, might get him to assist with the painting as I tend to get heavy handed with the coats and I want to keep weight buildup from paint to a minimum if possible.

Weekend fun: Out to Gratton field for warbirds and took 3 models out. Tiger Moth (not a warbird in it's scheme but who cares), DH Vampire and the Mustang.

Forgot to take the lipos for the Vampire so could not test fly it grrrr

One flight with the Mustang, engine problems to start with, new plug and retuned it and eventually found a sweet spot on the carby that it liked. Nice take off, a few circuits to get ailerons trimmed, couple of cuban 8s, a roll or two and a loop, all perfomed nicely. Couple more circuits. Neves getting to me by then and I decisded to land. Bit rushed in the approach and plopped it down a bit hard, one gear rail got split. Not a biggie, easy fix.

Flew the Tiggy lots, posted some mobius footage of the flights on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8jgMVpQzMo&list=UUoqihv6LbuzgpBPPPWW1ToQ cheers
me