RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 11-09-2014, 09:17 PM
chorner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CH Ignitions
@ Chorner:
I will look into that. But that will be much more visible as parts will have to come some how from the case, hanging ...ETC.
But ...I will do it and have an option for scale and non scale option.
Current version is hidden behind the prop.
As far as size I will try to make it as small as possible .
The unit has 7 ignition coils that are 17.5x17.5x20mm... so will be a matter of placing them.
7 in the row will be a longer box, if arange 4 and 3 on top will be taller. if put 4 on one side and 3 on the other then will be wider.

On the Air frame you guys install those engines...what/how much room do you have . If I make it...I will try to make it to be easier for you.
I will come back with some cad options in a week or so.

Thanks
Adrian
@Adrian
Awesome. Any rough idea when you might have these developed and available (the altered pickup)? If that's the case I'd love to buy it from you versus using onboard glow. Also that'd be cool to see some drawings to pick the best sizes for mounting for sure. I can comment at least as far as my application goes what size might work best (Hangar 9 60cc Corsair). I know the pickups may not look as minimized and sleek, but it's a minor annoyance for improved running characteristics and ease of use. Plus, I'm willing to bet it adds to the cool factor of the engine anyhow

Excited to see what you come up with Adrian! Holding off on the onboard glow until I see

@ redball8, thanks for that. That'll be an additional bit of help in trying to pick the right prop the "first" time.
@Maxam, both were Xoar props actually! The 77cc version seems to pull a bit harder from what I can see, so that's good news based on your prop selection knowing I'd have no problem and maybe a bit "extra" power to spare.

Last edited by chorner; 11-09-2014 at 09:21 PM.