RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new Tornado sport jet
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 07:45 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xairflyer
You cant expect any of these chineese artf's to be just put together and flown, what you buy is a kit that has been assembled for you, you then have to go through it all, add bits of wood where needed and re-glue areas. It is easy to just snap the formers out of these things in one piece due to the flour and water the chineese use for glue.

I hysol everything that is structural, especially formers and attachment points inside the booms, then run Titebond pva in every opening I can get at inside wings, booms, tailplane etc. It is easy to let the glue run down the seems into the wing, takes a bit of time turning it so it all flows where you want but adds a lot of strength to badly glued areas.

If you do nothing then it will come apart, it will pull out the undercarriage blocks out of the wing.
These things are cheap treat them as that and make them better, if you dont know how then you should'nt be buying one in the first place.
Without taking the whole thing apart and re-building it myself I did add Hysol to the formers in the fuse, as well as carbon fiber w/ west systems resin to the fuse and inside the landing gear mounts. I assumed that would have been sufficient. But obviously not. You get what you pay for I guess.

Z