View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 06:29 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jrf
Ken:
...... Retracts for a 12-13 pound airplane are not cheap either. And don't discount the-one piece wing........
You got this one right. We just ordered the retracts for the US 1000 that I'm building for another US Brother here on RCU. We are going with Robart electric retracts and we are going to being doing a trike setup with a nose gear on the plane. Cost for the retracts were $630!!!!!

Originally the US 1000 didn't allow for a retract setup with a nose wheel because with a glow engine the fuel tank needed to be right behind the fuel tank. But with a gas engine we can move the fuel tank back inside the fuselage (I'm moving to directly above the CG) so that I have now have room behind the firewall for a retract gear to go in. We're going with a 100 degree nose gear that has the nose wheel raked just a little bit forward giving it a look like a fighter jet. Should look pretty cool!!!

As I get a little bit caught up in some other thinks that I have going on I plan to start up a build thread on this US 1000 build, so please don't yell at me for one!!!!

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	landing_gear_composite.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	936.9 KB
ID:	2048527