RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine collection information.
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 02:09 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by landy95
Hi all
Im looking for advice, an ebay member has contacted me regarding the oliver 2.5 twin shaft. He is suggesting that i am trying to fool people into thinking the engine i am selling is an original, i have stated it has been produced by BMP with the agreement and consent of john s,oliver and clint hill engineering, i am no expert and im selling these engines on behalf of my mother to fund the funeral payment, my question is does anyone else get the impression that i am trying to con ebay members. All i have is a box an engine and in some cases paperwork inside which i have disclosed. I can honestly say that if anyone was to purchase one of these engines and think they had been mis-sold i would not hesitate it accepting the engine back and refunding in full. It maybe that this is normal conduct with some ebay members who have nothing else to do, but i would appreciate your comments. Cheers neil.
Someone is being unwarrantedly suspicious to claim you are attempting to con anyone. Having checked the Ebay listing it is quite clear and unequivocal what the provenance of the item is-did the Ebay member who complained to you even bother to read the listing? Having dealt with John Goodall of BMP on numerous occasions-and having visited him several times, I can vouch utterly for his integrity-he worked quite closely with Arne Hende as well-and they collaborated on a number of joint replica projects, some of which were specific to BMP, others were sold by several sources. John may well have initiated this replica off his own initiative (or perhaps in association with others-but it would have been as stated-with the blessing of John Oliver Jr. Knowing John Goodall's standards-the replica would have been produced to similar standards (if not better) than the originals Oliver ones

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'