RCU Forums - View Single Post - using deflection on ailerons
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 02:06 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My main prob is that on finals im finding the model just wants to fly on then as my airspeed falls its wanting to tip stall i fly and land on a pretty small patch and iam trying to stop overshooting as i the models suffer with u/c damage in the long grass or is there a better solution for a clean landing
for the most part, an airplane that seems to want to stretch its final has a forward CG location. JCW are you holding 1/2 or more back stick on final and how much elevator travel do you have? Moving the CG to the back of the range and decreasing the amount of elevator travel will not only stop the tip stall, it will also lower the landing speed. I realize this is opposite from what we were taught long ago but airplanes have much lower wing loadings these days and tolerate aft CG setting much better. I apologize for the lengthy video but at 15:00 in it shows me flying my Extra in a very confined area, it really was too small for the airplane but you will notice how slowly I was able to get the airplane on the second landing attempt. I run the CG at the back of the range and fly with only 12 degrees of elevator.www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj9VFMz0uI8