RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 03:03 AM
njmheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ashworthb
Great job. Are you using the Robart actuator? Your cycle speed is about 4 or 5 times faster than my setup which is using the Robart actuator.
Hi.............Yes,I am using the Robart / D & L actuator,as you know,the speed of the retracts ( main and tail ),will depend on the voltage supplied.....more volts = more speed.

I did find that the "throw" given by the actuator and trying to get the tail wheel to stop in a near scale position was not possible,ie about 40% of the wheel showing out....to acheive this position,the actuator ( on my set up ) was straining and bending the push-rod on the "down" position...........so I have it set that there is no strain on the actuator in either the up or down positions...............and the actuator stops when it reaches the correct "amp-out" point on it's travel.

Not sure,but if there are problems with the actuator housing,this may be caused by incorrect push-rod length set ...???

When I was fitting mine out,I attached the actuator,then moved the whole actuator and push-rod set up to get the travel /length of push-rod correct ( ended up by cutting a few mm off at the actuator end )...........I can remove the pin that attaches the actuator to the bracket at either position ( up or down ),this then proves to me that there is no additional strain or forcing on the set-up ).

On the Pin / Bracket set up,I found that the heads of the supplied screws were too near and touching the cables coming out of the actuator,so I have used 2 x countersunk M2 bolts + washers and nyloc's to mount the bracket ( the holes in the bracket were countersunk,to give the bolts an almost "flush" fit )....plenty of clearance now.

Regards..................Nick (UK).