RCU Forums - View Single Post - History of Pro Line radios
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 12:29 AM
KraftyOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have just joined, lured here by a link on RCGroups, where I usually "Lurk" on the Australian forums..., to the Goldern Age thread. I have been R/C modelling since the mid 1950s', have worked in the industry since the early '70s', and so have lived thru the whole thing from push button escapements to push button programming, quite an interesting journey.

I have always built my own R/C gear, in the beginning because it was the only way I could afford to do it, and then it became my "calling", and I have spent many happy years working in a job I liked. Not always easy, but very satisfying. In the late '60s I was building Royal Classic kits from Tech R/C for my mates, and was considering a commercial venture, but Kraft Systems Aust. offered me a position, and as they say, the rest is history.

And so we come to the main reason I joined, so I can post and say hi to Sig Gates, who I corresponded with and purchased components from in the "Golden Age". Hi Sid, good to see you are still kicking along, like me, but I am not kicking as high as I once did.

Cheers, EGB. (Eric from OZ).