RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Cougar429
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For you or the ants?............................................. ..............Sorry, just got up and the caffiene hasn't kicked in yet.

The 65 I bought for $40 showed up Friday so I tore into it to have a look. Intake valve retainer missing and there appears to be some damage on the tip itself, but at least it didn't swallow the valve. Also, it looks like whoever worked on it before may have installed sealed bearings. Cam area dry as a bone with some serious wear on the downside ramp of, oddly enough, the intake lobe. Other than gaskets, and tube seals I will have to do some slight case and jug repairs. That same person installed a standard bolt to hold down the cam cover and one rocker arm pin has damaged threads. It was also missing the O-ring retainer on the intake tube. Wonder how it ran.

Went looking through some supplier pages. Would be nice if they could separate all those bits and pieces by engine size or alphabet.

Anyone out there have a defunct jug with the bits still attached?

Never saw a retainer go like that. Overspeed? If like a Circlip, wonder if nothing more complicated than installing it upside down.

Last edited by Cougar429; 12-14-2014 at 07:56 AM.