RCU Forums - View Single Post - Girls und panzer
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 01:53 PM
sassgrunt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I live on the same island as Alpha, I have been fortunate to see some of his builds up close. He does very meticulous work, and really tries to hold true to the details shown in the anime; (in that most of the tanks do not have any kind of external tool stowage, and have the correct markings applied). I guess it's prototypical in a whole different way than we would normally think of that term.

My grandson and I built a multi-colored Sherman for him to battle with, (multi colored because he wanted it to have camouflage - Purple and Blue camouflage, no less). I have a niece who is not old enough to works the controls yet, and have been looking for a suitable tank for a girl to use. There is a multi-colored StuG III Ausf F in this series that I have decided to copy. (Think BRIGHT colors and Samurai back-banners on the rear deck). Alpha has agreed to make me the Erwin tank commander figure for it, whenever I eventually get around to building it.

And, since I couldn't stand watching the bits & pieces of the episodes on You Tube, I bought the English subtitled DVD on Ebay. As Ausf said, it IS kinda strange, but interesting nonetheless. -Mike