RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warbird racing.........glow or gas?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 07:04 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Andy, I knew it would be something easier said then done but still feel that it can be done. As far as what our choices are in gold there really is only one, the 115. For silver the guys are running mostly the 110 on draggy airplanes. I actually did well speed wise with a self designed Macchi running a Rossi .45 in silver. Right now the majority of guys in bronze are running a T-34 with either a OS 46 or 55. The short story is that guys are building the airplanes to fly the time slot. IMO speed is not the issue here. If you want to win you need to stay above the breakout. I'm going to have to play the stick in the mud again and say that my personal issue is that there is no real danger of a E powered airplane failing to start. With glow there is always that elephant there that comes up and steps on us. That is where the hard sell is for me, knowing that I could flood, have a bad plug, set too lean and spit a prop or have an issue with my starter. Unless I'm not seeing something this would give the E guys a clear consistency edge. I know you guys have other issues but getting started will never be one of them.