RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jack Stafford (Leisure RC Models) Aircoupe Winter Build
Old 12-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Homer712
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack Stafford (Leisure RC Models) Aircoupe Winter Build

My Jack Stafford (Leisure RC Models) Aircoupe kit got here yesterday. Oh boy!

I've been building since the mid 1970's (mostly Goldberg stuff, something for my son and I to do together while he was growing up, I bought, built, fueled, cleaned and repaired, he flew . . . good times!) so I'm not new to this. Building ever since (OK, all except for those pesky forty-five years when I needed to work). Since retiring I've built a Sig 1/5 Cub, a BUSA 1/6 Sopwith Pup and last year, a Top Flite Elder. Love winter builds!

Back to the Aircoupe. The good part. The laser cutting by Leisure RC is fantastic and the kit arrived in perfect condition. Inventoried the parts, everything is there, loose parts bagged and all sheet balsa looks good.

Now for the challenging part. The manual (reprint of original Jack Stafford) is all of eleven pages, two of which are a parts listing. Only one plan sheet. Wing on plan is to scale, so you can build over top. Fuse, not so much. It's a "should look sorta like this when done" thing. I'll be doing a build thread, so all advice/support during the process will be appreciated. Won't be starting until after Christmas (house rules, we all work for someone!). Wish me luck.

Henry