RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet friendly fields within 2 HR of central NewJersey ??
Old 12-31-2014, 03:58 AM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through this same thing last year. Turbines are the only aspect of the hobby I enjoy these days but unfortunately they were banned at my field in South Jersey last yr so I sold my jets. I looked everywhere and Hamburg was the only decent option, but at 2.5hrs it was too far. There is Crosswinds in South Jersey, but the close tree line at both ends does not make it ideal in my opinion.

Originally Posted by wojtek
I am hoping 2015 is the year i get to do some more flying again, however it looks like the year is off to a bad start before even starting with the Farview field in Hamburg PA being now shut for jet flying until further notice, and possibly for good :\ .. The other option is Floyd Bennett field Brooklyn, but that location is more and more limiting, and with all the development in the area, it is to be seen how long it lasts also ...

What are other fields you guys are flying at ? I'm up for up to 2.5 hr an under for now from central NJ... I'm mostly looking for somewhere that is good for large jets and warbirds, with nice open space where the aircraft is not being risked unnecessarily.

so where do you fly ?

Voy