RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weight of Tiger 60 kit
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 05:32 AM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
I understand. There are two reasons that I am questioning his price. One is that I just received (shipped 12-3-14) an ARF shipped from California to Arkansas. The box measured 47 x 13 x 8 and the cost to ship was $17.00. Two is that I looked at a bunch of similar size kits on Ebay and the most common shipping price is from $10.00 to $15.00. I realize these two observations don't mean a hill of beans, but I just don't think it takes $30.00 to ship that kit. I may be wrong.
When I get a box from a big company it says $12 on it. If I try to send it back it costs $75.00. They have a contract with the shippers I don't have so they can send me a huge ARF for a price that I can't even begin to get the same shipping price.

I remember doing a custom build once and calling UPS with the exact dimensions of a crate and the exact weight. They gave me a price on the phone that I gave to the customer. I made the mistake of not getting a name of the person I talked to.

When I went to the local UPS they charged me three times what I was quoted and basically said too bad about what I was quoted on the phone. And it was totally based on the dimensions.

During the phone call I said over and over again, 'Are you sure about this price? It's a big crate? I know you measure these things and these are the exact dimensions."

"Yes sir, I'm sure... blah, blah..."

'OK.'

Right.