RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:11 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a good idea bird using the screen door pulleys, but a bit on the large size for 1/4 scale... I plan on using some home made pulleys to animate the flight stick in the cockpit; utilizing some pull pull cable coming from the aileron servos in the wings, down the aft side of the forward strut and into the fuse, and then connected to the flight stick... haven't figured out the control linkage for the elevator animation side of the flight stick yet... either way it needs a spring or something to prevent loss of aileron / elevator control if the animated flight stick were to bind or seize up... springs inline on the control cables to the flight stick with enough resistance to allow full range motion, but soft enough to allow the aileron servos to overcome the springs if the flight stick locks up, or if the pilot figure gets displaced and jams the movement of the flight stick.... I'm not going to lose the plane just because the pilot decides to get out of his seat an move about the cabin during some stall turns, or inverted flight ... you know how these scale rc pilots are, they're never in the same place they were in when you first took off... I guess that's why they make seat harnesses, but it still needs some safety measures in place just in case.

John M,

Last edited by John_M_; 01-03-2015 at 03:15 PM.