RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome-the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird Brotherhood
Old 01-03-2015, 07:38 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris923 View Post
Hey, at least your flying! Up here in the "frozen tundra" Of Wisconsin the flying season ( except for intrepid electric flyers) is over until maybe Mid March if we are lucky or. Mid April. I understand you might be burned out on repairs, but you are still flying to create the repairs!

No sympathy here, sorry...........................
Did you just try to make me feel bad that I live in sunny Southern California? It was like 30degrees @ 6:30AM this morning but clear blue skies and 70degrees by 11AM... I had to wear a jacket today... can you believe it... I only got to fly 6 flights today.. so tomorrow I will have to get at least a dozen to make up for the chill today... LOL!

to give you an idea what it's like.. New Years eve I drove the kidz and my wife up to Santa Barbara with my little travel trailer (only 35ft with slideouts) and we stopped in the foothills for a little sledding in the weird snow we had at 2000ft (OMG!)... then we had lunch on the pier in downtown Santa Barbara (steamed crab - yum!), ran around in the surf for an hour then went back to the campsite where we chilled out in the chilly 72degree weather... I actually had to put the heater on new years eve... got back day yesterday... I'm telling you.. cold weather here sucks!