RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Sequence 1.20 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 AM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Sequence 1.20 Build Thread

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and is ready for 2015. Since I'm still on a 'break' I decided to do something new to start the year... assemble a pattern ARF. OK, so maybe this isn't really new to me, but this plane is fairly new and I thought it'd be a great plane to add to the local scene.

This build will start slow because I am waiting on the rest of the parts so here's a preview of the ARF as I received it from Tower Hobbies. I also received the RimFire 1.20 motor which will be used. As for servos, the stabs will have Futaba 9650's. The suggested aileron servos are Futaba 9252's but I am going to use 9151's or 9551's instead. Suggested rudder servo is a 9155 but I think I'll go with the lighter 9151.

This will be built mostly stock. I won't be using the 4-40 supplied hardware, and will instead use 2mm carbon and 2/56 swivel links and clevis'. I think that on any 2M Electric pattern plane, 4-40 is overkill and unnecessary weight IMO. I will also look into adding a hatch latch for battery access ease and will order the front motor mounting assembly* instead of using the aluminum motor mount.

Having read through the manual a couple of times, it looks like it will be a fairly easy assembly and shouldn't take too long once I get everything together.

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1232.html

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GP Sequence 120.jpg
Views:	1493
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	2061633  

Last edited by JAS; 01-07-2015 at 01:10 PM.