Old 01-08-2015, 08:41 AM
DMyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw29 View Post
I have a Pilot Rc extra 300 35% and a Sd (Toc extreme) Yak 54-30%. I my opinion, these are far superior to any Aeroworks planes. AW has weak landing gear and firewalls/engine boxes in my experience. Pilot Rc is as durable if not more and wieght is much lower for comparable air frames. AW is slipping in my opinion. However,Parts are hard to get from Pilot RC. Most models come with Carbon wing tubes, landing gear, mains and tail, and carbon spinner. There hardware is very good. I have seldom used AW's hardware. You will not be disapointed with Pilot RC.
FYI.... My kid has flown a Pilot Extra 260 for 5 years now - it has been a very reliable flyer despite the 3D abuse my kid gives it. Last year... he had a dead stick and landed in soft rough field ripping the entire landing gear out with damage to undercarriage and connecting bulkheads/engine box. Sent Tony at Pilot pictures of the damage.... they sent me everything to literally rebuilt the entire front end..... every bulkhead, damaged engine box part, sticks, triangle etc.... unbelievable... just for the cost of shipping. They even sent me pictures of all the parts prior to shipping to make sure I had everything! Now that is support and service IMO. As a side note.... since the original landing gear mount was a weak point.... the new parts have been redesigned/updated to greatly strengthen the gear mount area.