RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome-the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird Brotherhood
Old 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey folks.. today I went to the AMA show @ the Ontario Convention Center... picked up a dozen assorted servo extensions, some switches, 20 yards of 3/4ounce fiberglass cloth, some WestSystems 105, and some glue (MXbon 105 is my favorite).

There were some nice planes on display... The swap shop area was replete with folks selling their old trainers and plenty of 1000 hour glow motors to be had...

I was sorta bummed that the convention hall was wall to wall multi-rotor... Very little plane-centric activity... every other booth was selling some sort of multirotor or multirotor paraphernalia. Desert Aircraft was there and I did get excited about their new 70cc boxer twin... I also saw that they had a 4 stroke 50cc from an European manufacturer but I forget the name...

I went specifically to buy a bunch of LiFE packs but none were to be had... I did find a 20,000Mah LIPO the size of a cinder block that would be great in a small foamie (I'm sure it wouldn't affect flight performance at all - lol)

apart from that I'm working on the baffling for the big Wulf... I'll have pics on here in a few minutes... I'm getting my gear ready for the ride out to AZ to see my OEAF friends... fly some warbirds!!! more to follow!