RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox .09 r/c carburetor
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 01:33 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aspeed
The LA .10 carb is plastic and still needs to be turned down and threaded. You would need to buy a remote needle too. The AP is about $14. I am sure the OS would be much more than that, especially with a remote needle added. I found the AP .09 a good motor, slightly faster than the TD, and only slightly less than the OS LA. I have not worn either one out yet, but the LA may win with the idle. My TD with no carb is 2.8 oz, while the AP is 4.9oz. Ya, that is a lot more.
I must confess I was thinking more in terms of a Max-10 FSR or 10FP carb, or an Enya 09 or 11 one. In my personal opinion the APs are let down by their very restrictive mufflers....and their weight. The only engines comparable with the TD 09 for size and weight would be the Cipolla 09s-some versions of which were RC. If weight is not so much of a consideration then simply going for a Enya 09 or OS 10 is the easy and economical option. Then you can up the ante a bit with an Enya 11 or a Webra Speedy 1.8-or as CP has demonstrated several years back-an ASP 12-which are both cheap, readily available and potent. The Parra engines no doubt are superb-but likely to cost you an arm and several other limbs...!

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'