RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Model With Flaps and Retracts. Which Channels should they be put on?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:12 AM
gregoryshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Model With Flaps and Retracts. Which Channels should they be put on?

I have a six channel radio. My model has retracts and flaps. This means I have only got two extra channels to run these two things off of. It is a Standard 72 Mhz FM. From my understanding the up and down switch is used for the retracts and the auxiliary nob is for the flaps. I think the reason for this is because the retracts can only be either up or down, where as the flaps can be gradually lowered at any speed the pilot so desires. However it seems that the directions to the kit (f4u corsair gold edition by top flite) suggests putting the flaps on a two way switch. Their idea is that this way you always know what position your flaps are in. Which way should I put these?

* The problem I currently have with the auxiliary nob is the servo travel. When the nob is at the halfway point the flaps are up. When the nob is turned all the way down the flaps are down. The problem is when I'm flying there will be know way for me to tell when the flaps are all the way up and not grinding the servos.