RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 11:10 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Would I rather spend my life being just a spoon fed consumer for all of my wants and needs, or would I rather spend my life learning how to create my own things..?
The creators, the innovators, the craftsman...are all people I admired as a kid.
Compared to other "motor sports", this hobby [designing, building and flying] is the one that captured my interest because you get to see pretty dramatic results from your efforts [not all good]...for a relatively small amount of money.
IF no one else after I'm gone is interested in spending their time like I have chosen to do...I could not care less.
The truth is, there will always be a certain amount of folks who share these common traits and interests. It's in their DNA.
These people that you speak of combat, are the ones that make everything else possible for those that are not craftsman, innovators, and designers. Almost everything we fly has been influenced, and brought to the level of performance through the motivation of competition. IMAC is a great example. Thankfully, we still have several events that require the modeler (entry) to have built the model. Scale and CL stunt come to mind.