RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 01:18 PM
sierratango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be a leader, not a follower.

Here is my two cents. There are way too many distractions in this complex world and these distractions compete with the amount of effort and time required to make these beautiful projects.

Let us also face the fact that builders are a special breed. The world is not filled with these types of people. I get depressed if I am not creating something. I want to creat unique creations, I don't want to be like all the rest. Many people strive to be accepted into the flock, I fly away from it.

Over the years I have been a builder and a collector. RC is a dangerous hobby because not only does it cost a small chunk of change, but the plane can be destroyed in a second. If not destroyed, damaged enough the it will require too much of my creative time to bring it back to where it was. Time not being used to creat more unique creations.

ARFs are okay, maybe, when you don't want to care about the model and just want to fly in any condition, at any location. For me, an ARF doesn't give me that great feeling of, "WOW" look at that beautiful thing. One thing I have noticed is that making a scale airplane look and fly scale is a difficult thing. Often the speeds are not scale due to weight or engine sizes, not to mention weather conditions. It is hard to justify spending years building something if in the end it is not scale like.

In any case, my plan is the build and build and have molds and planes that I can build from and or lfy when I get older.

Congradulations to all you who prefer to invest in the art of CREATION!

Imagine trying to make a living where you have to explain how your creations are different and are of high quality and how that is different than the Chinese ARF tooth crown being done by the dentist down the block. Build it to last!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	2066591