RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 06:08 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
I am trying to stream line my flight modes for my jets.

I am always hesitant to include flaps and retracts in flight modes so I have them all on separate switches.

Can you guys give me an idea of what you usually use and what you include in your flight modes with the Jeti Tx?
I've been going through this exercise myself. In the past I've had a single switch for Dual Rates/Expo, 1 for landing gear and one for flaps. After thinking about how I could reduce switch flipping I've come up with the following that seems Ok to me. I use a 3 position switch and configure flight modes for cruise, half flaps and full flaps. I also use tflight modes to set dual rates and expos that I feel are suitable for each mode. I basically have the the first switch position as cruise with no flaps, the next as half flaps and the 3rd as full flaps. Since I tend to set half flaps on the down wind leg of a landing approach and select full after turning onto final, assuming I want to land with full flaps, I wanted to avoid having to jump across switch positions to get to a different flaps position. I've seen guys put cruise in the center and half one way and full the other but I didn't like that as I wanted to avoid flipping through cruise mode to get from half to full flaps. I also don't want the gear on the flight mode as I will often land with no flaps in high wind / cross wind situations so I have a separate gear switch.. Still not 100% sure if I want to continue with with flaps controlled by flight modes as for some planes I would like to have an additional mode with higher rates and different expo for aerobatics. In that case, it seems best to have separate flaps, gear and rate switches. I still haven't come up with something that I think will be ideal for all my jets yet but I would like to settle on a single scheme so my controls are always the same for every model. This is a subject that I think could be worth having a thread of it's own..